Dear Valued Client,
for a limited period of time provides DE government reduction of the VAT rate from 19 percent to 16 percent and of the reduced VAT rate from 7 percent to 5 percent for revenues from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
HotelTime have made every effort to ensure that the minimal manual work is required by Hotel in order to comply with the new VAT rules.
However the responsibility for setting the correct VAT rates for Guests and recording it correctly lies with the Hotel. Therefore Please make extensive checks to ensure that all of your rates and services have the correct Rate Code according to the requirements and Tax liabilities of your property.
Release will take place on the 1th July, est. time of release 9 AM.
HotelTime have made the following provisions:
- All Accommodation system items (inc Meal Plans portion) on Open Reservation accounts and Post Masters will be re-calculated to the from 19% to 16% VAT rate.
- All services in 7% will be changed to 5% VAT rate.
Please check your RateCodes settings. Have a look on videos:
Rate Code with no change required https://www.loom.com/share/7d0b3e3b705a48209ce5624b25b02017
Rate code with change required https://www.loom.com/share/a75b0a3c0a8545cdb77d5dba228963ba
Please note, this change doesn't include these points, that needs to be done manually:
1. If you add items on accounts manually (Reservation - Menu - Add item), these items wouldn't be recalculated automaticlly. Please make sure, your Hotel product and services are updated to new VAT charge manually.
Have a look on video here - https://www.loom.com/share/05309120d4ab425a98df78aff5a07730
HotelTime tab Settings - Application - Product and services - hotel
2. We don't recalculate revenue in the past, even the hotel account is still open. This may lead to differences on revenue and invoices items.
3. We don't recalculate outlets services and items.
For interfaces between HotelTime and Revenue management tools and prices synchronization (partner Atomize etc.), hotel needs to check the final prices in Revenue manager extranet.
Customer support department